Saturday, July 16, 2011

Choices and Change.

People makes choices every day. If we are lucky, we make the right ones. But so often, it isn't that simple. Sometimes we are blinded by the "now"... the instant gratification we get from our decisions. This can be dangerous. It causes us to hurt ourselves as well as the people we love the most, the people who hurt for us.

People are going to disappoint us, just as we disappoint them, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier. It doesn't make it okay. There's a fine line between tolerance and walking away. Lately I'm having a hard time finding it. I'm starting to think that I've let certain situations go too far. Sometimes it feels as if they are eating away at me. However, I can't let go of the faint hope that it's not all for nothing. Occasionally we want to believe more than anything that someone or something will change, but the truth is... it's not up to us. Some people might say walking away is the easy way out, but, for me, it would be one of the hardest things I've ever done. 

So maybe we never know for sure, maybe there is no right answer. People make choices that disappoint and hurt us, and we choose whether or not to move on from them. It's a never-ending cycle that we will spend our whole lives trying to overcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment